We have served the pets of Omro, Wisconsin, since 1954. Learn more about our story and our two locations below!
Omro Animal Hospital
The Omro Animal Hospital was started in 1954 by Dr. James Tomasek and functioned for nearly 25 years as a solo mixed animal practice with a major emphasis on large animal services. Dr. Tomasek built a new clinic facility in 1980, with Dr. Philip Johnson joining in 1982. In 1983, a veterinary clinic in Neenah, Wisconsin, discontinued a satellite clinic in Winneconne that operated for about three years as a companion animal facility. Dr. Johnson and Dr. Tomasek rented that space and kept the name Winneconne Veterinary Clinic and operated it as an expansion for companion animal services for the Omro Animal Hospital. To date, there is no other veterinary practice in Winneconne or Omro.
Dr. Johnson bought the practice in 1989, with Dr. Tomasek retiring shortly after. In 1991, Dr. Robert Wright joined in ownership with Dr. Johnson, and companion animal services started to grow. More space was needed in Omro, so construction started and more than doubled the space. The next major milestone for the practice arrived in 2007 when the decision was made to restrict our services to only companion animals. The companion animal focus has allowed us to upgrade our laboratory and radiograph equipment, add therapeutic laser therapy to our offerings and allow Dr. Wright to train and be certified in veterinary chiropractic services.
Today, we are a six-doctor practice with two locations. The clinic’s vision is to continue this growth and expansion of companion animal services in the years to come.
Winneconne Veterinary Clinic
Our Winneconne office was established in 1983. A move was made to its current location in 2001. This location is our wellness clinic, where we perform routine exams and vaccinations. It provides a quite relaxed atmosphere for both pets and clients.